Monday, January 26, 2009

I smell like a tomater!

Ok, I don't really talk like that. But, currently, I DO smell like vegetables. Tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, etc. I don't even like eating vegetables that much, do you think I can count them as a serving if I put them on my face?

I didn't just slice up some veggies and slather them on my face, I'm using some of Burt's Bees natural products! I'm excited to see how this goes, because I was just recently at an Arbonne party (also uses mostly natural products) and it made me think about all the crap that goes into the products you put on your face. Mineral oil in particular is kind of nasty stuff. I did absolutely nothing to triscuit in several hours; another triscuit in water became totally mushy.

So anyways, I was looking up some Burt's Bees products online today and while at Hy-Vee, I got a couple things:

Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Complexion Soap:


















Burt's Bees Garden Tomato Toner:


















I also got some fun foot creme that I'm looking forward to using before bed tonight! And who doesn't love their lip balm? I've also found their Lemon Butter Cuticle Creme is awesome. (I got this one from my friend Becca - thanks Becca!) For the life of me, I don't think I'll ever be able to stop picking at my nail beds and fingernails but this and a fresh coat of clear nail polish every night is going to keep them from looking their worse.

So, 30 minutes after using my vegi-filled face products, my face definitely feels different. The toner is supposed to help balance the pH level of my face which will help decrease the amount of oil production (here's hoppin', I have the face of 15-year old!). It's also maybe a little dry but I did not buy any moisturizer since it was a bit more expensive and I didn't know how much money I wanted to dedicate to my "natural" cleansing routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment