Tuesday, June 09, 2009

my movie persona

Well, that's it. I've decided. If my ridiculous (romantic) life was reflected in one story line, it would be Elinor Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility. I've never read the book (I have heard it is not Jane Austen's best) but the movie is delightful (and star-studded - but that is another post!)

The gray area. The unclear signals. The awkward expectations. The unknown feelings. The constant doubt. What's he REALLY thinking?

*sigh* I wish this were easier. Right, like that's going to happen.

So, my plan now is to take my friend Megan's advice. She didn't even have to give it this time, I just knew this is what she would say: "Just make out with him!"

Well, ok.

edit: as I was looking for a lovely photograph to accompany this post, I found a quiz: Which Jane Austen character are you? Apparently, it thinks I'm Marianne Dashwood.

I am Marianne Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!



I changed a couple answers to questions I was on the line about and got Elinor.

I am Elinor Dashwood!


Take the Quiz here!

3 comments:

  1. What fun...! I'm going to try this. I love this movie, by the way. Sometimes the movie is better than the book, and in this case that is true. The casting was superb, wasn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I took the quiz, and I am Emma Woodhouse of "Emma".

    Who knew! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie was great... I'll need to take the quiz sometime.

    ReplyDelete