Monday, November 29, 2010

Amazing Grace

Tonight the girl scout troop I volunteer with had a music event on the KU campus. They went and learned about music, made musical instruments, learned about composition, learned about different types of instruments. They also made music. It was so sweet to hear this group of girls sing "Amazing Grace".

The one time I remember singing "Amazing Grace" was ten years ago. I had gone with my girl scout troop (yes, I was 15) to Philmont - the boy scout camp in New Mexico. The last morning of our 10-day hiking and camping trip we woke at 3am and hiked about two hours to our last high spot. As we watched the sun rise, we sang "Amazing Grace". I'm not sure what it was about the moment. It may have just been so amazing we were compelled to sing the most beautiful song we could think of. It is definitely on my top 5 favorite moments in life list.

No comments:

Post a Comment