Monday, November 08, 2010

Morning Bliss

I was wide awake and checking my email (in bed) at 6:10 this morning. It was one of those random mornings that I actually kept my eyes open and didn't rely on my 7:30am internal clock that kicks me out of bed so I can hurriedly get ready for work.

My mind remembered the time change that occurred early Sunday. Processing... my mind knows it is 6am but my body thinks it is 7am. Win for this time change!

I can only hope this sticks. It's not so much that I'm not a morning person - once I am up, I can be pretty efficient - but it's actually convincing myself I am awake enough to actually get out of bed that is the HUGE challenge.

Almost a year ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Basically, a low production of some hormones were (among other things)  possibly making me sluggish and contributing to a slow metabolism. I can't say what exactly the medication has done for me except for making me crazy hungry the first few days I was on it, due to  the increasing metabolism. I do know, the few days I was off it because I didn't have my prescription refilled, I felt like a crazy emotional mess. Yet, somehow depressed at the same time.

But this diagnosis/medication has not been giving me the energy to WAKE UP in the morning when my alarm(s) go off. Maybe my body just likes the (formerly) 7am wake up time. I hope it keeps liking this 6am wake up time because I liked having time to make coffee, do yoga and start this blog post before I ever had to leave for work!

2 comments:

  1. I like you writing your blog before you go to work, too. It gives me something to read when I get home from work. Oh, time zones! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting the hang of this blog commenting thing. (I like buzz better) Oh well. Good seeing you here

    ReplyDelete