Friday, November 12, 2010

Where are you?

In my last semester of college as I spent my non-free time searching for jobs, I searched in a couple main locations: Lawrence, Kansas City, Des Moines and Seattle.

Lawrence and Kansas City offered me a non-moving transition into adulthood; Des Moines is where my family is located (I was prepared to move back there when, 2 months post-grad, I still had no job); and Seattle? I visited once and loved it. Thinking about it now, I don't think a big city is where I want to live. I *love* to visit (NYC with my Grandma two years ago was a blast and both coasts needs more of my travel attention) but I grew up in the Midwest and I think this is where I want to stay, for now at least.

Lawrence, Kansas has become my second home and I love what I have here.

 But does anyone else have that place where you just imagine yourself fitting into perfectly? I am pretty sure I would rock at life in Colorado. All my friends there would have to be cool with hiking and camping and skiing (well, teaching me how to ski) Every. Single. Weekend.

I would spend all my money on yearly park-permits and sweet camping equipment. I would have to have an SUV (hybrid, for the earth-saving side of me) to haul around all my gear. I would make everyone come visit me because, seriously, why would I want to leave?*

Where are you?



*Okay, I would still leave. I still need to visit Italy and drink lots of wine. But that's a whole other blog post!

No comments:

Post a Comment