Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Giving up cable. And the internet?!

Real conversation I'm overhearing right now:
Person 1: "I'm convinced I'd be better off without cable television and the internet"
Person 2: "I'll give you the cable but not the internet".

I can attest to not having cable. I'm fine without it. I read more. I watch movies. And ya know, it's pretty easy to watch a lot of what's on tv online.

But the real question, is can our society really function without internet at this point? If you're reading this (especially during the day) you're probably at work and need it for some function of your job. I couldn't go without it professionally. And I like connecting with people online (this blog, for instance. And Twitter!)

Could you go without using the internet for personal (non-work) use?!





Another snippet from the same convo: "I did breakdown and watch Glee last night..." ha!

4 comments:

  1. I could adapt to any situation, but I don't want to give up something which opens new horizons for me like the internet. Why go back? I want to keep going forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I know that I couldn't survive without the internet, especially in my situation. I can't imagine being here and not being able to connect with my friends and family back in the states! Technology is a gift so why not take advantage of it (in a good way, of course). Oh, I don't know if I'll ever go back to cable TV either!

    ReplyDelete