Monday, April 18, 2011

My sparkly blue nail polish mocks me

(Note: I wrote this on March 27, a few weeks ago after KU lost the tournament game to make it into the final 4. Not sure why I didn't hit "publish post".)


*sigh*

KU can't win it every year but every year there's always that point when fans think, "this is the year". And then they lose.

And, for the 2nd year in a row, KU loses on a day when a cold-snap brings snow to Lawrence. There's always one freak snowfall in March but I am not amused it falls on the same day as a KU loss.

But it's this kid that makes this hurt. Here for four years and totally worked his butt off. There are several on the team that have their choice to leave or stay, but this was Tyrel's last game.


I came up to my office after the game to work on some cover letters and job applications. Might as well be productive while I pretend not to be sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment