"It is a mistake to try to look too far ahead. The chain of destiny can only be grasped one link at a time." -Winston Churchill
I may have mentioned before that I don't currently have a plan as to what I want to do in the future. I'm living in the now. Not planning my days or goals because of what I want in two years. Or four years. I'm working, I'm laughing and enjoying my life. But recently I've been consumed about what I want to happen in the future. Things that I can't control. Things that are, without question, a part of my destiny. Now, I do have control of my destiny. But some things you don't have the ability to control or change yet.
But I'm impatient. And I feel like I should have some control. I should be able to know. It's my life, right?
See, I don't think so. I think we have the choices to make that are in front of us and that affects where we go.
ReplyDeleteI agree, Bailey (is that your real name? Have I already asked you that? If so, have I told you that I love it? Well...I love it.)! I think that as long as you feel right with whatever decisions you make, life has a way of working out. A lot of the time goals can be achieved in various ways.
ReplyDeleteI remember my old headmaster advising us to choose subjects we enjoy and then later more subjects and then a course without thinking too much of where it would lead us. He said that way, we would end up with a job that we would also enjoy. It's a good philosophy.
As for control: take the reins of something small, even if it's just a recipe. You'd be amazed at how good it feels!
Crap, I really do talk a lot.