Monday, April 06, 2009

One year ago today...

...I was in Allen Fieldhouse. (Baseketball again, I know. But this will be it until October!) Not watching KU play live, but watching a video on the big video board of the men's basketball team playing in San Antonio. We (yes, it's a collective "we") were down by 9 with just over a minute to go and several spectacular plays later (and several missed free throws by Memphis and Mario Chalmers (with a scrappy floor-assist from Sherron Collins) hit the most magestic 3-point shot I will ever see sending the game into overtime. As a KU fan, you almost knew the outcome from there.

Here is the pep talk from KU Coach Bill Self before the game on April 7, 2008:


A video from where I was:


And then we went to Mass. Massachusetts Street that is...


Here's to next year, an unstoppable team, I'm sure!

(Oh, and GO SPARTANS! MSU beat KU in the tournament last weekend, so it's better if they win! I think?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment