Tuesday, May 23, 2006

i'm always listening...

Last week, as I was going back through my class notes from the semester and studying, I noticed a trend. I like to write down the funny, awkward and basically interesting things my professors say in class. No, not necessarily the things we should learn for the test but things that strike me as different. I compiled a partial list. I was pretty bad at keeping notes together this school year so I don't think I got all of them, but I don't think I'd want to share all of them anyway.
But here are the things I've heard. I guess I just like to listen to the funny things of life.

“Teaching college students is the most fun thing in the whole, wide world.” –C. Johnson (obviously sarcasm since she deals with pre-law undergrads...damn pre-law kids, so pretentious)

“If you plagiarize, I will kill you.” -D. Guth (It’s funny, because it’s true…which also makes it a little scary….)

“I was much more of a bitch back then.” –C. Johnson defending herself against students who believe she is a hard teacher and expects too much.

“clear writing indicates clear thinking and fuzzy writing indicates fuzzy thinking”

“nice, Midwest, liberal, college-town….nice place to start a revolution” -documentary about the MC5

“This class will liberate you from the tyranny of what you used to think.” –J. Bremer speaking of what we would learn in Western Civilization.

“synthetic sex turned into a spectator sport” –documentary about “The Twist” in the 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment