Saturday, July 18, 2009

What just happened?

Wow, the last 3 months of my life have been an absolute whirlwind. I've (almost) survived my first real wedding season (one of many to come, I know), I started grad school and will most likely pass my summer course, I somehow navigated and planned a tricky living/moving situation and I am making the most of a somewhat interesting (yet, totally exciting) dating situation.

I am overly-sensitive, obsessive and barely hanging on but am loving 97% of every moment. The three percent is me clinging too much to the negative/unknown and me working to get out of that low-point on the emotional roller coaster of life. Because it can be negative and it's all unknown and you can never change that.

I've had a wonderful time with old friends, new friends and the meeting of the two. I've gone to a Kansas City T-Bones game for the first time, drank too much on a Wednesday night (at least two or three times), danced like a fool (at three different weddings) and have decided I'm eloping when I decide to get married.

Currently, I'm avoiding writing my paper for class by thinking about what a bad idea summer school is and trading flirty glances with the guy working at the coffee shop.

I'm feeling better than I was earlier this afternoon when I was upset about a not-so-nice person and when I was contemplating what it takes to make a marriage work. Not an easy part of life, for sure. But, what is easy? And at what point is it all worth the effort and challenge?

I am loving all the great blogs that I follow (even though my google reader is horribly full!) I especially love when they do giveaways ala Mrs. Newlywed. (Quick, current giveaway ends Tuesday!)

1 comment:

  1. Lucky you with only 3% clinging to the negative!

    ReplyDelete