Tuesday, January 18, 2011

a year ago

Amazing what can change in a year.

A little over a year ago, I cried late at night, by the fireplace at my old house, over a stupid boy. A stupid boy whose goal in life was to be a high school football coach in a small town (sorry Meg, I know you're friends). The next day, in an effort to be around people and not be so mopey, I went to lunch with someone who over the previous few months had become a good friend. And I complained about what happened with the stupid boy.

It took us a few more months, but that friend and I finally figured out we both wanted to be more than just friends. And the past six months have been amazing :)

And I wouldn't change a thing.

2 comments:

  1. It's ok! You needed to meet the "stupid boy" in order to figure things out with the current boy. Just remember that! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya lady, I hear ya. ;) One year makes a huge, huge difference.

    ReplyDelete