Monday, March 09, 2009

The Lunch Hour

So, I haven't posted a blog in 8 days. I feel bad about it. Why? I don't have that many followers. I don't blog for a living. But I wanted to have a more relevant blog this year. One of my early 2009 goals. (Not a new year's resolution, because my NYR was to have more fun.)

Yet, I have nothing to post about. I'm sitting here in my office over lunch with no inspirations. I could talk about my new office with a big, room high window that I loooove. But there's not much to say about it. Someone left so we all shift to better offices depending on seniority. I have this much seniority ----> l l. Yes, between those 2 lines. Not much. But enough for a window.

So, I'm looking out my window (even though the day is gray), and pondering blog topics. I've been thinking about trying to position this blog so it has a specific topic and it's more marketable (this is my PR degree kickin' in), but my interests are all over the place and I use this as more of an outlet for several things. I could write about my viewing of "Watchmen" this weekend, but I'm still absorbing the experience. Yes, I absorb movies. One thing I can say I did love about it was the music. I also decided "The Sound of Silence" is definitely on my list of top 5 favorite songs. I need to more thoroughly listen to my "Best of" Simon and Garfunkel CD.

See my problem? Work, movies, music. And I definitely can write about current events and politics when I get the inspiration. Never one thing. I guess that's what makes me the scatter-brain I am. Although, the only comments I get are on the most random blog entries. So, maybe I need to go with the "stream of conscious" posts more often?

No comments:

Post a Comment