Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Grandpa Jack

My Grandpa Jack died on Tuesday night.

I wish he had visited me in Lawrence. Mostly, because I wished you all could have met him. I feel that everyone should have known him. A jokester with a wonderful and caring soul. He always seemed tall to me but he also always seemed larger than life.

A memorial service won't be held until next weekend. So I'll stay here since I'm busy at work and won't  be able to do much in Iowa with my family anyway. I say that and it seems harsh. Maybe I should go back sooner? I just don't know.

One thing I've learned about me over the past 36 hours is my ability to cope. I pulled it together and worked yesterday afternoon. I worked today. I thought about my grandpa but felt nothing. But now, unwinding at the end of a busy day, by myself in my house, the emotions are coming back. I guess that's the way I'm going to deal with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment