Sunday, January 18, 2009

Lazy Sunday and My Favorite Things

(Note: due to title, obligatory SNL skit posted below. Because it's awesome. And I figured out how to embed clips from Hulu.)

Sitting here in my sun-filled room, online shopping at J.Crew and enjoying the sounds of the adult alternative music channel on my cable box (channel 914, if anyone is curious). I think my favorite music since I was old enough to have favorite music was adult alternative. Which is funny, because as a 12-year old, I definitely was not an adult. Just proves that this particular music sub-genre is mis-named.

Favorites so far:
"Satellite" by DMB (on top 5 list of favorite songs)This song was on a mixed tape (yes, TAPE) a friend made me in like 8th or 9th grade. I think that's why I love it so much. I think she made this tape because I literally knew NOTHING about music at all. I still don't know much.
"I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz (also a strong contender for top 5 songs)
A song by Donavon Frankenreiter. Had never heard of him before, but am now listening to more on myspace. Kind of beachy, chillaxed, Jack Johnson kind of songs.
There was also an Adele song. 18 I think? I was *this* close to buying her cd at Target last week. I think I'll visit her myspace sometime soon.

"Slide" by Goo Goo Dolls is my number one favorite song. Dizzy Up the Girl is my favorite CD ever. Room for Squares by John Mayer may be a close 2nd for favorite CD. And, obviously, the Garden State soundtrack. I've tried to keep a list of top 5 favorite songs, cds, etc. but I always am looking to make edits months later. So, it's definitely not a permanent list.

No comments:

Post a Comment